Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Love to Sleep...



...during the day that is. When I first came to my new family's home I had taken a big nap and was ready to play. I played, then slept, and played some more. When night time came I just had so much energy that I didn't want to sleep anymore. After all, I had a new family and I'm so cute and adorable that who wouldn't want to play with me? I just had to get their attention.

I started with my little adorable whimper but that just didn't seem to get their attention. I whined a little louder and a little longer. Nothing. I let loose with some belly crying that I didn't even realize I could do. I gave it everything I could and finally my people came to my night time sleeping spot (I think it's called a kennel). The took me out to the backyard to do my unmentionables but I didn't need to. I just wanted to play. I came back in and was ready to roll. Someone give me something to tug on, please.

But no, I was put back in the kennel. I cried a little more but they just left and turned the light off. So I repeated the pattern but this time they left me alone...for a long time. I began to miss my family. I wondered what they were doing and if they had a kennel to sleep in. Where was my momma?

Sometime during the night I had had enough and let loose some long wails and whines and my people came again, barely peering through their eyes at me with a look of concern. I didn't have to do anything, just wanted to be with them. She took me back to her bed and snuggled up with her under her covers. It felt warm and cozy and I wanted to stay there forever. But the man leaned over and saw me. I gave him my best smile but he kicked me out of bed. How rude!

The rest of the night I slept little but was ready for action just as soon as someone would get up with me.

I love to sleep, just not at night!


Bark at ya later!

No comments: