Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dog Days of Summer: My Kind of Season

This is my first summer and while I'm still learning and haven't learned too many human expressions, I did pick up this one: "Dog days of summer." How cool is it that my species has its own expression. But the reality is cool it is not as the meaning refers to things being hot. My people tell me that the phrase "refers to the hottest, most sultry days of summer." Here in Texas I completely understand that meaning.

The last 2 months have been soooo hot. My people can't leave me outside for too long or I roast my little paws off. But they are nice to me and set up my own pool just outside the backdoor. This is fun because I like to take a dip whenever I go out. It's so hot out that by the time I get out of the pool and back to the entry to the house I'm nearly dry.

While the last couple of days have been rainy (also a very fun thing for a water dog like myself), I look forward to this extended warmth. I have it so easy in a nice AC house (that's Air Conditioned for you young pups), but I get to enjoy the near tropical heat whenever I scratch at the back door. Too fun.

And best of all, no one thinks twice if I'm lazy and sleep all day.



Bark at ya later!

No comments: